Pearl of Zeliszow
Photo-icon of Lower Silesia
Early classical era monument, decaying since 1945, as a former evangelical church today it rises from the ruins as a multifunctional cultural arena. It gained new life thanks to the photographers and talented director Patryk Kizny.
Pearl of Zeliszow is in Żeliszów village (Ger. Giersdorf) in the Bolesławiec district, Poland. The church was built to the design attributed to architect Carl Gotthard Langhans, author of the design of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. Some art historians, however, attribute it to the builder Grundmann. The building was built in the years 1796 - 1797 in an elliptical shape with dimensions of about 20x30 meters. In 1872 by the design of local architect Peter Gansel the bell tower was built out of bolesławiecki sandstone.